Tips For Using Social Media
· Tell a story and be sure to caption your photos.
· Don’t overload – post little but often.
· Encourage your members to share posts, tweets, events, etc.
· Increase your visibility by tagging friends, venues, events in your posts. But don’t tag people over-zealously if they really have nothing to do with your photo or your post.
· Increase your reach – set up and run accounts on Linked In, Instagram and Twitter.
· Blog — talk about your experiences — and then share your blog posts on social media channels.
· Establish a Facebook page just for your Rotary club.
· Stay safe and keep private conversations private. Steer clear of politics and religion — these topics aren’t appropriate in Rotary meetings and they aren’t appropriate on Rotary posts either.